Wednesday 23 January 2013

A sigh of relief...

These past few weeks have been a bit of a rollercoaster for me - in more ways than one.  My husband was all set to take a one year contract in Saudi Arabia starting next month, but visa issues has put that plan to the wayside.  It is bittersweet as I am really disappointed for him - I know how much he wanted this gig - but happy that he will be here with me longer (potentially through to IM Florida).  When he was going to Saudi, it was up in the air whether he would be back on this side of the world at that time.  Fingers crossed that he'll be at the finish line cheering me on and ready to catch me on the other side :-)

My injury is a calf strain and is totally fixable with physio and smart training - both of which I have been doing these past couple of weeks.  Flat running, no speed work, shorter distances for my Sunday runs = road to recovery.  Thanks to my Coach for her continued encouragement xxx. 

The pool is really saving my a** right now with my limited running - I'm even incorporating pool running to supplement my cardio.  Not my fave, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  I am actually enjoying my swims (yikes, did I just say that?) and will start to increase my distances next month.

The bright spot right now is that I leave for Florida next week and go on a Caribbean cruise the first week of February.  We are going to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Costa Maya.  All look like they have beautiful beaches (open water swims, here I come!) and we are also zip lining in Cozumel - woo hoo!

My WW journey is going really well and I am on my way to my goal weight (and target weight).  I'll be hitting the gym on the cruise every day and will be focused on enjoying myself while still being in control.  I would love to be down on the scales when I get back - fingers crossed!

So the hubby and I are going to enjoy our time down south before the real training starts in April - after that, the only vacay I'll get is where I can take my bike with me and I can swim (but that still leaves a lot of possibilities).

First bump in the road over - on to bigger and better things on my IM journey.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're on your way to recovery! Sounds like a fabulous vacation

    ReplyDelete